Feedly Now Manages Newsletter Subscriptions, and More Productivity and Technology News This Week – October 19, 2020
Each week, Ray Sidney-Smith and Augusto Pinaud invite two personal productivity / organization experts to review the past week’s news in the world of personal productivity and technology. This week, our featured story is one of Ray’s favorite online reading management tools, Feedly now manages newsletter subscription management, and we discuss all the rest of the news this week.
(If you’re reading this in a podcast directory/app, please visit https://anythingbutidle.com for clickable links and the full show notes and transcript of this cast.)
Enjoy! Give us feedback! And, thanks for listening!
If you’d like to continue discussing any news from this episode, please click here to leave a comment down below (this jumps you to the bottom of the post).
In this Cast | Feedly Now Manages Newsletters
Matt Plummer is a former operations manager and strategy & management consultant who got tired of sacrificing his personal life to work long hours without moving up in his career as quickly as he wanted. So he began a journey to greater productivity and ended up cutting his hours by over 30% and managing 3-4 projects in the time others managed two. This experience led him to start Zarvana, where he helps other ambitious professionals achieve the same results with workshops, coaching, and an online learning platform.
Headlines & Show Notes | Feedly Now Manages Newsletters
Resources we mention, including links to them, will be provided here. Please listen to the episode for context.
This Week’s Theme… Cybersecurity Awareness (in honor of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month)
Ray’s Top Three Tips to be cyber-secure…
– Use a password manager
– Update your software (OS, browser and apps)
– Think before you click on a link
– BONUS: Make backups!
Some additional resources around remote work, cybersecurity and data privacy:
- New Report: Security Threats and Productivity Challenges Rise Due to Disconnect Caused by Remote Work
- “The remote work wake-up call: What we all need now”
The new working-from-home reality requires business leaders and companies do everything they can to set their employees up for success.
- Increasing productivity and managing the WFH challenge
- 10 Best Productivity Apps to Keep Your Mojo Going Even at Home
- “How to boost productivity and motivation as we adjust to working in the time of COVID-19”
If you aren’t positive and supportive, your team won’t be either — and productivity and motivation could plummet.
- What are tips for increasing employee engagement and productivity virtually?
- Employee Privacy: A Priority For Your Business | Avast
- The Right to Privacy, Surveillance-by-Software and the “Home-Workplace” – Philippa Collins
- Remote working increases workers’ productivity, says survey
- “Coronavirus has shown why we need a four-day working week”
Companies desperate to cut costs have temporarily ended the five day week. But evidence shows we should scrap it forever
Stories of the Week
- Will you buy the Onyx Boox Note Air?
- Asana (ASAN) IPO: What You Need to Know
- Amazon Music now includes Podcasts
- How mmhmm can smarten up your online presentations
- The first Mac laptop with Apple’s own processor, among other products, will emerge at another launch in November.
- Introducing OnZoom: A Marketplace for Immersive Experiences – Zoom Blog
- Introducing Zapps, Bringing Best-of-Breed Apps Into the Zoom Experience – Zoom Blog
- How to use Zapier within Microsoft Teams
- Turn Microsoft Teams into the ultimate collaboration hub with these automation tips | Zapier
- Microsoft Teams just added another key feature
- How to Find an Accountability Partner to Help You Reach Your Goal
- Cloud Startup Airtable Raises $185 Million At $2.5 Billion Valuation And Launches API For Outside Coders.
- The Verge: Google Assistant gets custom shortcuts for directly interacting with third-party Android apps
- Netflix Ends Free Trials In the US
- Google is pushing some Chromebooks to nine years of OS updates
- Google will push Hangouts users to Chat in 2021
- 12 age-reversing habits: How I made my brain 10 years younger
- Remember the Milk turns 15 years old!
- Apple’s October 13, 2020 Keynote: By the Numbers
- iOS and iPadOS 14: The MacStories Review – MacStories
New Tools of the Week
Featured Story of the Week
Todoist Office Hours with Mike Vardy (October 21, 2020)
Raw Text Transcript | Feedly Now Manages Newsletters
Raw, unedited and machine-produced text transcript so there may be substantial errors, but you can search for specific points in the episode to jump to, or to reference back to at a later date and time, by keywords or key phrases. The time coding is mm:ss (e.g., 0:04 starts at 4 seconds into the cast’s audio).Read More
TRANSCRIPT COMING SOON!