Each week, we review and discuss the productivity and technology news headlines of the week, but this week we’re taking off for the US Labor Day holiday. So, instead, we’re covering notable productivity software releases over the past month as an introduction of a new segment we’ll be adding to the show called Release Notes.
(If you’re reading this in a podcast directory/app, please visit https://anythingbutidle.com for clickable links and the full show notes and transcript of this cast.)
Enjoy! Give us feedback! And, thanks for listening!
If you’d like to continue discussing any news from this episode, please click here to leave a comment down below (this jumps you to the bottom of the post).
In this Cast | Introducing… Release Notes
Headlines & Show Notes | Introducing… Release Notes
Resources we mention, including links to them, will be provided here. Please listen to the episode for context.
TestFlight 3.2 beta – Aug 24
- Use the beta version of TestFlight for Mac to test your Mac apps. You can invite registered Apple developers to download this beta version and use it to test your apps on macOS Monterey beta 5. We’d also appreciate your feedback on TestFlight for Mac, which you can provide through Feedback Assistant.
- Company Goals tab: The Goals view now contains two tabs: Company Goals and Team Goals. View your company’s mission and goals, choose which team Goals you want to view, and filter by goal owner or status.
- Easy access to Do Not Disturb on Desktop: Stay in flow while working on Asana’s Desktop app by accessing Do Not Disturb settings from the upper righthand corner.
- Multi-select tasks on iOS: Multi-select tasks and perform bulk actions like updating due dates and custom fields from your My Tasks on iOS. Get Asana for iOS
- New Academy course: Asana for Admins: Our new course in the Asana Academy helps Asana Admins manage their organization’s account with more ease and control.
- Google Tasks and Microsoft To Do Integration
- Extensive integration with two of the most popular task managers: Google Tasks and Microsoft To Do. This version adds new action steps which can create individual tasks, or add each line of draft as a task, to lists in either Google Tasks or Microsoft To Do.
- Announcing the filtered notes widget – Aug 24
- A new widget that unlocks Home for many power users like you and a recap of the recent features we’ve rolled out that will help you do more of the things that matter most.
- Timing Timing is an automatic time tracking app for macOS. With it, you can get a full overview of your productivity, see what you worked on and when, then review your time whenever you like. Learn more about using Zapier and Timing together.
Raw Text Transcript | Introducing… Release Notes
Raw, unedited and machine-produced text transcript so there may be substantial errors, but you can search for specific points in the episode to jump to, or to reference back to at a later date and time, by keywords or key phrases. The time coding is mm:ss (e.g., 0:04 starts at 4 seconds into the cast’s audio).Read More