Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Windows 10 Comes to Chromebooks, and More Productivity and Technology News This Week – October 26, 2020
Each week, Ray Sidney-Smith and Augusto Pinaud invite two personal productivity / organization experts to review the past week’s news in the world of personal productivity and technology. This week, in addition to our Halloween theme, we dug into the productivity and technology news, including our featured story this week that Microsoft Windows 10 is coming to Chromebooks!
(If you’re reading this in a podcast directory/app, please visit https://anythingbutidle.com for clickable links and the full show notes and transcript of this cast.)
Enjoy! Give us feedback! And, thanks for listening!
If you’d like to continue discussing any news from this episode, please click here to leave a comment down below (this jumps you to the bottom of the post).
In this Cast | Windows 10 Comes to Chromebooks
Headlines & Show Notes
Resources we mention, including links to them, will be provided here. Please listen to the episode for context.
- YTMusicUploader: Automatically upload your music library to YouTube Music
- Google Play Music transfer to YouTube Music
- Apple Releases 14.1 Software for HomePod With Intercom and HomePod Mini Support – MacRumors
- Apple Music TV is a 24-hour stream of music videos, shows and events | Engadget
- Apple removes its ‘TV Remote’ app from the App Store as iOS now has an integrated Remote – 9to5Mac
- New Google Sheets Smart Fill feature aims to make your spreadsheets less tedious to fill out
- Mastering attention management for increased productivity
- Prioritization Matrix: Organize Allthethings Your Team Does
- Connect Todoist and Twist With All Your Favorite Apps
- A Better Note-Taking System for Your Scattered Brain | by Ria Tagulinao | Oct, 2020 | Forge
- The Best Productivity Planners 2021: Personal & Business Organizers – Rolling Stone
- Low-Code Apps Based on Spreadsheets Simplify Digital Business Transformation
- Ch-ch-changes: An all-new Loom – Loom Blog
- A walk-through of Loom’s branding/design transformation process
- Calendar View, Toggl’s New Calendar Feature – Toggl Blog
- Evernote iOS app removes URL scheme support – General Discussion – Drafts Community
- Understanding the device limit – Evernote
- To become more productive, stop hustling | A Life of Productivity
- Barnes and Noble Nook Services are still not restored
- Timeular 3.5 – effortless time tracking without limits – Timeular
- 1Password for Linux Beta now available on Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, Fedora, and more
- You Can Now Listen to Podcasts on Spotify Using Google Assistant
- Acer unveils Chromebook Spin 513 laptop and Chromebox CXI4 desktop
- Elon Musk’s 2 rules for learning anything faster
- Microsoft releases first build of its Edge browser for Linux
- Windows 10 Insider Build 20241 Adds Some Great Features
- The Irony of the Google Antitrust Suit – The Atlantic
New Tools of the Week
- Hold | Block Distractions
- Charty – Create charts from Shortcuts
- Focused Task – Open source mac menubar app that helps you do deep work | Product Hunt
- Platstack | Save. Organize. Share. Explore.
Featured Story of the Week
- Use Google Voice with classic Hangouts – Computer – Hangouts Help
- Accomplish Anything with Evernote | November 19 | General Assembly
Raw Text Transcript | Windows 10 Comes to Chromebooks
Raw, unedited and machine-produced text transcript so there may be substantial errors, but you can search for specific points in the episode to jump to, or to reference back to at a later date and time, by keywords or key phrases. The time coding is mm:ss (e.g., 0:04 starts at 4 seconds into the cast’s audio).Read More
TRANSCRIPT COMING SOON
Download a PDF of raw, text transcript of the interview here.